Fix for Failed to upload package: Failure on QtCreator

Just got hit by this problem, whenever I tried to deploy my application:

    11:06:04: Package created.
    11:06:04: Installing package to sysroot ...
    Package 'untitled' installed.

    11:06:04: Preparing SFTP connection...
    11:06:04: Starting upload...
    11:06:04: Failed to upload package: Failure
    11:06:04: Deploy step failed.
    Error while building project untitled (target: Harmattan)
    When executing build step 'Deploy Debian package via SFTP upload'

And a notification warning about the little remaining data storage appeared on the device, which I wrongly ignored at first. The problem occurs because QtCreator tries to copy the debian packate to /tmp on the device, N9 for me, and it fails if the space is full. I managed to fill my /tmp partition (which is just 4Mb btw..) by testing some big application. Solution is, ssh to your device, check if you /tmp is full (df -h) and delete any .deb file left there by QtCreator.

/home/developer $ df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 3.9G      1.7G      2.0G  47% /
devtmpfs                 10.0M    248.0K      9.8M   2% /dev
tmpfs                     4.0M      4.0M         0 100% /tmp
tmpfs                   512.0K    148.0K    364.0K  29% /var/run
..
/dev/mmcblk0p3            2.0G    197.7M      1.7G  10% /home
/tmp $ cd /tmp && ls -al
total 4096
..
-rw-r--r--    1 user     develope         0 Feb  7 09:59 qstardict_0.0.3_armel.deb
-rw-r--r--    1 user     develope         0 Feb  7 10:06 qstardict_0.0.4_armel.deb
-rw-r--r--    1 user     develope   4116480 Feb  3 21:32 qxmpp_0.0.1_armel.deb
..
/tmp $ rm qstardict_0.0.3_armel.deb
/tmp $ rm qxmpp_0.0.1_armel.deb
/tmp $ rm qstardict_0.0.4_armel.deb

UPDATE: This is supposed to be fixed on QtCreator 2.5 according to https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-6859

Patch is here if you don’t want to wait 🙂 : http://qt.gitorious.org/+qtcn/qt-creator/qtcn-qt-creator/commit/b7d02e08fa246f3d45c898dc2480143a372409f0

 

MeeGo Image Creator mic2 on ArchLinux

It has been a while since I first tried and failed to get mic2 working on my ArchLinux machine. Since then Arch moved to python 3, and some additional steps are required to get it working, fortunately this time the issues I encountered where easily fixed, I will be reporting them to the packages maintainers, also I have adopted one of them that was abandoned. I have uploaded my PKGBUILDs here just in case the maintainers are unable to make changes soon.

Before we start compiling we will need to make sure to have some required dependencies, this could be done by some aur wrappers automatically:

pacman -S python2 git cpio syslinux squashfs-tools parted lua nss nspr gnupg icu intltool urlgrabber python-pysqlite libxml2

We will start building the packages in this order, if a package is not available on the mic2 folder, use the package from AUR:

  • beecrypt
  • rpm-org
  • python2-iniparse
  • yum-metadata-parser
  • yum
  • isomd5sum
  • pykickstart-git
  • libaio
  • multipath-tools

And finally, build mic2 ! Everything should go smooth, try to build and image (x86 only at the moment, we still require qemu-arm to build ARM images):

mic-image-creator –config=meego-handset-ia32-pinetrail-mtf-1.1.80.13.20110105.1.ks –run-mode=-1 –format=livecd –fstype=vfat –release=1.1.80.13.20110105.1 –package=none –overlay-size-mb=64

If you have any problem ask on the comments and I’ll try to see what is wrong 🙂

Prolink Pixelview MPEG 8000GT en Archlinux

Esta tarjeta tiene un chip Conexant CX23880.La salida de lspci -nn debe contener los siguientes

04:01.0 Multimedia video controller [0400]: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [14f1:8800] (rev 05)
04:01.1 Multimedia controller [0480]: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [Audio Port] [14f1:8801] (rev 05)

Primero que todo debemos conseguir el firmware xc3028-v27.fw y copiarlo a /lib/firmware/.Para los que quieran obtener el firmware, en mi sitio lo he subido, aclaro que no se si tengo derecho para distribuirlo, si alguien se queja lo quitar. Tambien hay una guia sobre como extraerlo directamente desde los controladores para Windows http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xceive_XC3028/XC2028#How_to_Obtain_the_Firmware.

cd /lib/firmware/
wget http://beford.org/linux/xc3028-v27.fw

En mi caso el id de la card es 66, y de la sintonizadora 71, agregamos las siguientes lineas al /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf :

options cx88xx card=66 tuner=71
options snd-hda-intel index=0
options cx88_alsa index=1

Para evitar que el audio de la sintonizadora de TV conflicto con la integrada del sistema, es necesario cambiar el indice, por eso agregamos el parametro index al modulo de sonido. Reiniciamos el sistema y debe quedar funcionando, pueden probar con xawtv o tvtime.